Soon after we decided to look into embryo adoption. It would be less expensive, less risk and I could be pregnant again. We started the paperwork in early 2009. For some reason, the door seemed to shut for us at this point. The clinic we chose to work with never got J's medical records after requesting they be sent several times. I couldn't understand it, but we had started building our house and decided that it would be best to wait till we were settled in the new house to make any further decisions on adoption. The entire time, I still questioned God about if he really wanted us to adopt or not. Somewhere along the way, He clearly said "Why wouldn't I?"
In January of 2010, we had just gotten settled in our house and sat down one night to make a final decision of whether or not we thought we should proceed with adoption. We decided to go for it! I told J I would start looking into agencies immediately. Within a week or so, I got really sick. (You can get details here) After a brief hospitalization, my doctor gave me no option but to have a hysterectomy. During this time, I begin to get information from several agencies. All of them seemed great, but there was one slight problem. I just couldn't get a peace about which one was right for us. We also began talking to some adoptive families we knew. One of them pointed me to Faithful Adoption Consultants. One phone conversation with Courtney at FAC left me at complete peace. I knew without a doubt this was for us.
I began to rush around making arrangements and packing. I hate driving long distances and was dreading the trip with just H and I. I would have no back up driver. I fervently prayed that God would provide someone to go with me, but I didn't want to ask anyone. Within about 30 minutes, a dear friend called and said, if I wanted, she had made arrangements to go with me! Talk about answered prayer!